Inspired by 1940s Flight Jackets from WWII and revisited with a unique Italian touch, the “Don Gentile” A-2 Flight Jacket represents an authentic garment made of vegetable tanned full grain Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy).
The Type A-2 flight jacket was originally invented and developed for U.S. Army Air Forces pilots, Navigators and Bombardiers.
Vegetable-tanned leather embodies the experience of our life. It matures over time, a rare material that actually improves with age and use. These changes and personalizations precisely testify the naturalness of the product. The innate colors of the tannins give warm tones to the leather, which tend to intensify with the passage of time and daily use.
The lining is made of “Terra Bruciata” color viscose, and the leather collar-tab closes the neck to keep you warm during winter and cold trips.
The attention to detail makes it a rare and authentic Flight Jacket Hand Made in Italy.
Designed for Bikers, Rockers and Gentlemen.
The name “Don Gentile” is a tribute to the Air Force Pilot Dominic Gentile, also known as ‘”The Ace of Aces”. Born as the son of Italian immigrants in the US, Don Gentile was flying the legendary North American P-51 Mustang nicknamed “Shangri-La”.
Any imperfections or variations in color, texture or grain are not to be considered as defects, but distinctive elements of a unique, artisanal quality product.
- Style: Type A-2 Flight Jacket
- Fit: tailoring fit
- Possibility of Made-to-Measure
- Weight: heavyweight
- Leather: vegetable tanned, drum dyed, full grain Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy)
- Lining: “Terra Bruciata” color 100% cotton
- Padding: 100% cotton
- Removable closing collar-tab
- 2 snap-flap patch Pockets
- 2 inside Pockets with antique brass snap buttons
- Pockets lining in Brown color 100% cotton
- Wool ribbing
- Windproof wool close wrist cuffs
- Jacquard labels
- Waterproof, Breathable and Windproof
- Hand Made in Italy
- Designed and tested in Bergamo, Northern Italian Alps